In this recipe:
Spaghetti (6 Pack)
$27.99 USDViEW PRODUCT
Rainbow Noodle Rolls
These Rainbow Noodle Rolls—or as they are known in our house, ‘Three Thumbs Up Rolls’—are a real crowd pleaser and a great option for a meal on the go. Filled with delicious Chickapea Spaghetti instead of typical rice noodles, these rolls set themselves apart in the protein category and are packed with nutrients to keep you full longer.
Fully vegan, gluten-free and nut-free, this recipe is perfect for a party platter or as meal prep for a treat in your lunchbox.
Rainbow Noodle Rolls
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total Time: 32 mins
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Servings: 30
- 1 Package Chickapea Spaghetti
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves, (optional)
- 15-20 Rice paper circles (22cm diameter)
- 2 Cups purple cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 Green onion, julienned
- 1 Large carrot, batonnet
- 1 Red pepper, sliced
- 1 ½ Tbsp vegan hoisin sauce
- 3 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce (for dipping)
- Heat 16 cups of water and Kaffir lime leaves in a large pot over high heat until boiling.
- Scoop out the lime leaves and discard
- Prepare Chickapea Spaghetti to package specifications (add pasta and 1 Tbsp of salt to the water, decrease heat to maintain a gentle boil. Stir and cook pasta for 7 minutes)
- While the pasta is cooking prepare the vegetables by cutting into specified sizes of strips.
- When the pasta has finished cooking drain and rinse with cool water.
- Add the pasta back into the pot and gently mix in hoisin, sesame oil, sesame seeds and tamari.
- Fill a shallow dish with a base greater than 22 cm with warm water.
- Soak 1 rice paper sheet in the water for 5 seconds.
- Lay wet rice paper on a flat, clean surface and fill, (towards one edge of the circle), with one carrot stick, one piece of green onion, one slice of pepper, roughly 1 tbsp of cabbage and roughly 1 tbsp of pasta
- When the wrapper begins to feel soft and pliable, roll the short back portion of the wrap over the ingredients and fold each of the sides inwards.
- Tucking your fingers over the wrapped ingredients to keep the roll tight, finish rolling the ingredients forward with your thumbs until the wrapper is shaped like a sealed cylinder.
- When ready to serve, cut each roll in half and place tightly around the sweet chili dipping sauce.
- Rolling rice paper for the first time may seem like a daunting task, but once you get the hang of it you’ll see how simple it is. To make it easier on yourself, look for thicker rice paper. The ideal thickness would be found in a piece that is 10 grams. To determine this, look at the serving sizes on the back of the package. If you can not find paper with this thickness, try doubling up your paper until you get the hang of it. To do this, place two pieces right on top of each other into the water and keep them together through the entire process.
- Do not let your rice paper get too wet while in the water. It will continue to soften once removed from water.