Penne Alla Vodka
Looking for an easy weeknight dinner? We've teamed up with our friends at Primal Kitchen for this creamy plant-based pasta dish using their delicious sauce with our high-protein chickpea lentil noodles.
Head over to our Instagram from October 28 to November 3, 2019 for a special giveaway. You'll find the details and instructions for your chance to win an amazing prize pack from Chickapea and Primal Kitchen.
Penne Alla Vodka
- 1.5 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil or Olive Oil, divided
- 1.25 cups chopped Yellow Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic, grated
- ½ cup Full Fat Coconut Milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1.5 cups Primal Kitchen No-Dairy Vodka Sauce
- 1 box Chickapea Penne Pasta
- 2-4 Tbsp. Reserved Pasta Water
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Shredded Basil
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a pan add Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil and heat it over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the chopped onion.
- Stir with a wooden spoon for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is browned and soft.
- Add in the grated garlic and heat until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the Vodka Sauce and coconut milk and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Stir for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and come together.
- Prepare the Chickapea pasta according to the directions on the box, but boil the pasta to be slightly undercooked.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about ¼ cup of pasta liquid.
- Pour the drained pasta into the pan with the vodka sauce and stir over medium-low heat until the pasta reaches your desired doneness.
- Add the reserved pasta water 1 tablespoon at a time until the sauce reaches the thickness of your liking.
- Top the pasta with a pinch of red pepper flakes, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and the shredded basil.