In this recipe:
Elbows (6 Pack)
$27.99 USDViEW PRODUCT
Minestrone Soup with Elbows
The beauty of a minestrone soup is that there is no set recipe. It can be a soup that you use your favorite vegetables in or you can curate it to whatever vegetables are in season where you live!
- Serves: 6-8
- Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced, quartered
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetables broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 package of Chickapea Elbows
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and saute until they soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, butternut squash, garlic, ½ tsp sea salt, ½ tsp black pepper and saute until they soften, about 7-8 minutes. If needed, add a few tbsp of vegetable broth.
- Add the zucchini, green beans, diced tomatoes, cannellini beans, vegetable broth, thyme, oregano, ½ tsp sea salt, ½ tsp black pepper and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, in a separate pot, cook the Chickapea Elbow pasta according to the package.
- When the soup is ready, pour into bowls and add the desired amount of pasta to each bowl.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Optional toppings: parmesan (dairy free), chili flakes, parsley.
- It’s better to cook the pasta separately to avoid the pasta from overcooking and taking all the liquid from the soup.