In this recipe:
Shells (6 Pack)
$27.99 USDViEW PRODUCT
Mayo Free Spicy Coleslaw with Pasta
Mayo Free Spicy Coleslaw with Pasta is another fabulous way to use Chickapea in your salads this summer! Restaurants typically serve coleslaw with lots of mayo but this recipe will give you a plateful of nutrition, oodles flavor and more by adding our high protein pasta.
I’m all about the spice so I used jalapeno pepper along with some Dijon and a little garlic. Everything must have garlic, right? If your family is hesitant about the heat, you can cut it in half or eliminate it entirely. There’s still lots of flavor in this yummy dressing!
Did you know that cabbage:
- Is incredibly nutritious but very low in fat and calories? One hundred grams of leaves = 25 calories
- Is an excellent source of Vitamin C, B1, B5, B6 and VitaminK
- Contains minerals like potassium, manganese, iron, and magnesium
Robyn is Chickapea’s recipe creator and you can see more of her delicious recipes on her blog at Simply Fresh Dinners.
- 8 ounces Chickapea Pasta - I used shells but any shape will work
- 1/2 head cabbage. I used both green and purple
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 4 radishes, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup red sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- DIJON LIME DRESSING
- 1/4 cup lime juice (3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Optional toppings - Parmesan cheese, sunflower seeds
Cook Chickapea pasta according to package directions, rinse immediately and set aside.
Combine cabbage, radishes, onions, peppers and parsley in medium sized bowl
Dressing: combine lime juice and Dijon mustard, mixing well. Add peper and garlic. Drizzle olive oil in slowly, whisking well to combine. Mix ONLY HALF of the dressing with the salad. Let stand for 10 minutes. Taste to determine if you need to add additional dressing.
Top with Parmesan cheese or sunflower seeds if desired.
Chickapea has many more fabulous pasta salads on our recipe page: