In this recipe:
Linguine (6 Pack)
$27.99 USDViEW PRODUCT
Lentil Bolognese with Linguine
Super simple, and hearty, lentil bolognese to add to your weekly dinner rotation! It goes perfectly with Chickapea Linguine.
- Serves: 4-6
- Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 13.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce (passata)
- 2 cups vegetables broth
- 1 cup green lentils, soaked, rinsed
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 packages of Chickapea Linguine
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and saute until they soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, ½ tsp sea salt, ½ tsp black pepper and saute until they soften, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for about 1-2 minutes (watch that it doesn’t burn).
- Add the crushed tomatoes, passata, vegetable broth, lentils, balsamic vinegar, ½ tsp sea salt, ½ tsp black pepper, basil, oregano, thyme, bay leaves and stir.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are cooked and the liquid has reduced. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and prepare Chickapea Linguine according to the package. You might need more than one package depending on how many people you’re serving.
- To serve, add linguine to a bowl or plate and add lentil bolognese on top.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Optional toppings: parmesan (dairy free), chili flakes, parsley.
- Soak lentils in cold filtered water for about 30 minutes. Drain and rinse before using.