In this recipe:
Spirals (6 Pack)
$27.99 USDViEW PRODUCT
Lemon Chicken Pasta with Asparagus & Green Beans
Lemon Chicken Pasta with Asparagus & Green Beans is an easy, light recipe for spring. Ready in less than 30 minutes with an easy lemon sauce that eliminates the cream.
When spring finally arrives I feel the need to add lemon and asparagus to everything! To me, it represents that fresh crispness in the air and that promise of warm weather to come.
Did you know these fun facts about asparagus?
- Asparagus does not contain any cholesterol and has minimal fat, just 0.20 grams per serving.
- The majority of calories in asparagus are made up of carbohydrates, at 3.7 grams.
- Asparagus, a good source of dietary fiber, provides 3 grams per serving.
- Asparagus also provides 2.16 grams of protein.
Chicken is the perfect addition to this dish with the lemon flavors and it comes together in no time. If you’re vegetarian, it’s just as tasty without and perhaps you’d want to throw some mushrooms in there too.
As always, fresh herbs make all the difference so don’t skip this step. I used both basil and parsley but be creative and use your favorites if you prefer – cilantro or chives would be wonderful!
You’ll want to check out the new easy-to-use recipe page for more tasty spring dishes:
- 8 ounces Chickapea Pasta (penne, spirals or shells)
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp Dijon honey mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups asparagus, cleaned and trimmed, but into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups green beans (or snow peas), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- small handful of parsley, chopped
- small handful of basil, chopped
Cook Chickapea Pasta according to directions, drain and rinse immediately. Return pasta to pot.
Grate about 1/2 of a lemon peel into a bowl, then squeeze in about 3 tbsp (45 mL) juice. Add Dijon honey mustard. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir into pot with pasta, mixing well.
Wash and pat dry your chicken. Salt and pepper generously. Heat olive oil in pan on med high heat and add chicken. Turn after 3 minutes and heat until browned and internal temperature is 165F. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing into strips or bite sized pieces. (I did both)
Heat butter in a pan. Add asparagus and green beans, adding salt and pepper and saute for 4 minutes until bright green. I like to keep mine a little crispy.
Add chopped parsley, basil and sauteed veggies to the pasta, mixing well.
If your chicken is cut into bite sized pieces, toss with pasta.
If your chicken is sliced into strips, serve up your pasta combo on a plate and top with the strips.
If you want to save some time, toss your asparagus and green beans into the pasta while cooking for the last 3 minutes. I prefer them sauteed with a titch of butter but both methods are fine.