In this recipe:
Spirals (6 Pack)
$27.99 USDViEW PRODUCT
Instant Pot Tuscan Vegetable Bean Soup
This Instant Pot Tuscan Vegetable Bean Soup is full bodied, flavorful and enough for lunch or dinner. And you will love it’s versatility. You can use almost any vegetable you have in your fridge along with some beans and the fresh herbs and it will give you a healthy, easy meal in no time. Delicious year round!
There are so many ways you can change this up especially if you’re wanting to make it the full meal deal by adding any of the following:
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- turkey veggie meatballs
- roasted corn
- summer squash
- green beans
- top with parmesan cheese
- or even whisk some Dijon mustard in as it is finishing cooking
When you make this soup, promise me you will use fresh herbs – it’s a must for the flavor! I also used organic canned tomatoes but fresh ones would be preferable. When I am adding zucchini and spinach to a soup, I generally wait till the very end because I really dislike them soggy. Sometimes I even wait and just add it to my individual bowl. If you are making a double batch or freezing this, I would divide it and freeze without the spinach and zucchini. It is so much nicer when you can add them fresh at the end.
This soup came together so quickly and who doesn’t love an easy Instant Pot meal?
Here’s some other Chickapea Pasta soups you’ll want to try:
What’s your favorite soup to make with Chickapea Pasta? Share with us so we can see what you up to in your kitchen!
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sprigs of thyme, leaves stripped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 14.5 ounce can organic diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 14.5 ounces can low-sodium red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces Chickapea Pasta spirals
- handful of chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved (use vegan cheese if wanting to keep this meal vegan)
Set Instant Pot to saute mode.
Once hot, spray with oil and add onion, garlic, carrots, celery and red pepper to saute for 2 minutes to soften.
Add fresh thyme, oregano and rosemary for 30 seconds.
Add tomatoes, vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Put lid on, close valve and to 8 mins high pressure.
Once cooking is complete, do a quick pressure release and add the zucchini, pasta and beans..
Return lid to pot, close valve and cook on manual high pressure for 3 minutes and do a quick release.
Place a small handful of spinach in individual bowls and spoon soup on top. Top with Parmesan if desired.
Instructions for Stove Top
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, red pepper, garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary and salt and pepper and cook stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender, about 5 -7 minutes.
- Add the broth, beans and tomatoes with the juice and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium high and continue to cook for 45 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. (I like mine crunchy so I leave it till the end. You can add it sooner if you prefer.)
- Put a small handful of spinach in bowl and spoon soup over top. Serve immediately. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.