In this recipe:
Spaghetti (6 Pack)
$27.99 USDViEW PRODUCT
Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Spaghetti
Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Pasta
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- Prep Time: 5-10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- 1 box of Chickapea Pasta (Spaghetti was used here)
- 1 butternut squash, cut into ½ inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of goat cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 cup of pasta water
- Optional garnish: chopped walnuts and fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Peel butternut squash, remove seeds, and cut into ½ inch cubes. You could also use pre-cut or frozen butternut squash to make things extra easy.
- Add butternut squash to a baking dish and toss it in some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then make some space in the center of the dish to add a cup of goat cheese. Drizzle a little oil on that as well. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until butternut squash is fork tender.
- Add in the minced garlic and sage and bake for another 5 minutes.
- While squash is baking, cook your Chickapea Pasta according to the instructions on the box. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- Once your butternut squash is cooked through, add in a handful of spinach and some of the pasta water. Mix everything together, mashing down some of the butternut squash to form a creamy sauce. Add more water as needed and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in your drained and rinsed Chickapea Pasta and combine everything well so that each noodle is coated in sauce.
- Plate the pasta and top with chopped walnuts and fresh sage.