In this recipe:
Penne (6 Pack)
$27.99 USDViEW PRODUCT
Brussels Sprout and Bacon Penne Pasta
This brussels sprout and bacon pasta is the perfect fall dinner recipe. It’s easy, comforting and delicious.
Brussels Sprout and Bacon Pasta
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 package Chickapea Penne
- 3 cups of shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6-8 pieces of bacon, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of pasta water
- ⅓ cup of dried cranberries
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Prepare Chickapea Pasta to package specifications (add pasta and 1 Tbsp of salt to the water, decrease heat to maintain a gentle boil. Stir and cook pasta for 5-8 minutes depending on the shape you use). Reserve ½ a cup of the pasta water before draining.
- While the pasta is cooking, shred the Brussels sprouts, chop the bacon and garlic, and grate the parmesan cheese.
- Heat a pan over medium heat on your stove and add in the bacon. Cook for about 10 minutes or until crispy but not too crispy as it will continue to cook with the brussels sprouts.
- Add in the brussels sprouts and garlic, sauté for about 5 minutes until the Brussels sprouts have softened.
- Add in the drained and rinsed pasta to the pan along with the parmesan and pasta water. Stir to combine. The combination of the pasta water and parmesan should start to form a light sauce.
- Add in the dried cranberries and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve pasta and garnish with more parmesan and dried cranberries. Enjoy!
- To shred the brussels sprouts you can either slice them with a knife like shown in the video or use a mandolin or food processor. You can also buy them pre-shredded to make things even easier.